Medicen focuses on five strategic areas: biological diagnostics, biotherapies and molecules, techno-therapies, medical imaging and digital health.
A commission has been created for each area bringing together innovation players including SMEs, startups, large companies, academics and hospital practitioners.
In each strategic area, our objectives are to:
- Stimulate the ecosystem
- Help set up innovation projects and obtain funding
- Monitor trends and evolutions
Medicen’s Strategic Areas enable all the players in the ecosystem to monitor innovative projects and trends in real time, meet future partners and benefit from learning and exchange opportunities. The commissions are unique forums where leading startups, major companies and clinical and academic institutions come together. They compare and contrast views and share their experience around a common theme.
Head of the Healthcare Innovation
The Biological Diagnostics strategic area helps bring together upstream fundamental research (biomarker discovery and research), clinical practice (clinicians and hospital biology) and industry (startups, SMEs, large companies) (analytical validation of biomarkers, production of diagnostic kits and clinical validation). The Biological Diagnostics workstream is the place where clinical, technological and regulatory advances are processed. It addresses all medical and therapeutic areas (cardiometabolism, oncology, neurology, immuno-infectiology).
Chair : Jérôme Sallette, Chief Innovation Officer, Cerba Healthcare
Vice-Chair : Prof. Patrice Debré, Cell and Tissue Immunology Laboratory, Pitié-Salpêtrière Hospital (AP-HP), Paris
Fields covered by the Biological Diagnostics strategic area:
- Biomarkers for diagnostic and prognostic prediction
- Algorithms / AI / Data
- Sequencing (NGS)
- Companion diagnostics
- Regulations (DM, CE marking, DM-DIV)
- Point-of-care (miniaturisation)
- Cohorts and biobanks
- Liquid biopsy
Biotherapies and molecules
The Biotherapies and Molecules strategic area federates all the players involved in the development of innovative drug therapies and pharmaceutical molecules, as well as their repositioning. Its objective is to accelerate the discovery of new treatments for personalised medicine.
Chair: Hugues Dolgos, Deputy Director Biopharmacy, Servier
- Prof. Jérôme Larghero, Director of the Biotherapies Department and Meary Centre of Cell and Gene Therapy of the AP-HP, Saint-Louis Hospital (AP-HP), Paris
- Dr. Jean-Louis Pinquier, Consultant in Early Clinical Development and Translational Medicine, former Deputy Director of the Clinical and Exploratory Pharmacology Department at Sanofi R&D
Fields covered by the Biotherapies and Molecules strategic area:
- Cell Therapy
- Gene therapy
- Tissue Therapy
- 3D Bioprinting, Biomaterials
- Small molecules
Health Innovation Project Manager / Biotherapies & Molecules
The Techno-therapies strategic area focuses on technological innovations applied to patient care, which includes any technology with a therapeutic aim forming part of patient care.
Chair: Antoine Groheux, Innovation Head, Medtronic France
- Prof. Eric Vicaut, Head of the Clinical Research Unit of the Hospital Group St Louis-Lariboisière-Fernand Widal and of the Medical Device Centre (CEDM)
- Dr. Jean-Marc Collombet, Head of the Osteo-Articular Biotherapy Unit, French Army Biomedical Research Institute (IRBA)
Fields covered by the Techno-therapies strategic area:
- Technologies for disability (prostheses, exoskeletons)
- Drug delivery
- Connected objects
- Implants, stents
- Artificial organs
- 3D Printing
- Regulations (DM, CE marking, DM-DIV)
Health Innovation Project Manager /
The Imaging strategic area contributes to innovation in devices, imaging biomarkers and decision support tools for image-guided and minimally invasive personalised medicine.
Chair: François Kotian, Chief Engineer, GE Healthcare
- Prof. Guy Frija, Radiologist, University of Paris Descartes/ ESR
- Prof. Alain Luciani, Medical Imaging, GHU Henri Mondor, University of Paris Est Créteil, AP-HP
- Prof. Valérie Vilgrain, Head of Medical Imaging, Beaujon Hospital, AP-HP, Paris
Fields covered by the Imaging strategic area:
- Imaging biomarkers
- Medical Robotics
- Health information systems
- Interventional Imaging
- Virtual Reality / Augmented Reality / Digital simulation
Health Innovation Project Manager / Medical Imaging & AI
The Digital Health strategic area enables connections between academic, clinical and industrial players in digital health. It contributes to the development of digital innovation in healthcare, transforming care in hospitals, cities and patients’ homes.
Chair: Carlos Jaime, General Manager, InterSystems France
Vice-Chair: Philippe Gesnouin, Head of Technology Transfer in Life Sciences and Health, Transfer and Innovation Department, Inria (National Institute for Research in Digital Science and Technology)
EARTHA MADIBA DIN
Health Innovation Project Manager / Digital Health